Vape Emporium's advice about vaping for beginners
Are you currently a smoker? Are you curious about the world of vaping and e-cigarettes? Have you been recommended to switch to vaping but feel lost or overwhelmed with where to start? Fear not. You are in the right place, so relax and read on as we take you through a guided introduction to the world of vaping.
The benefits of vaping
- – No smoke
- – No ash
- – No carbon monoxide
- – No tar
- – No bad breath
- – Option to alter the intake of nicotine levels (including nicotine-free vaping)
- – Massive choice in flavours
- – Cost effective
Is vaping right for me?
You may have tried to quit smoking in the past using alternative methods. From going completely cold turkey, to using patches, gum or other nicotine replacement therapies. However, these methods do not work for everyone, please read this post on our blog from one of our customers and how they had trouble quitting smoking before discovering the vape world.
In 2015 the PHE (Public Health England) reported that vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking and in 2016 the Royal College of Physicians reported that E-Cigarettes are beneficial to public health.
What do I need to start?
To start your journey into vaping we advise you to try one of our starter kits, like the the VE-Platinum Kit.
Included in these kits are everything you need to start vaping, except the E-Liquid.
How does it work?
The E-Liquid is filled into the ‘tank’ compartment and connected up to a battery device, when you hit the fire button the e-liquid is heated up, creating a vapour which you inhale.
What is in e-liquid?
The e-liquid is heated up to create the flavoured vapour that you inhale.
Provided that you always source your liquid from reputable suppliers who can guarantee that they are of pharmaceutical quality, there are four components to e-liquid:
- – Propylene Glycol (PG) - Which is also found in asthma inhalers, smoke machines, bags of salad, toothpaste, moisturiser
- – Vegetable Glycerin (VG) - Which is also found in many food items
- – Nicotine (optional) - To satisfy your craving. Available in various strengths, to enable you to wean yourself off it slowly
- – Flavouring - Our liquids contain a mixture of natural and artificial flavourings.
There are three types of e-liquids:
- – High PG liquids (at least 30VG:70PG) produce less vapour but carry a lot of flavour and provide a strong throat hit
- – High VG (at least 70VG:30PG) liquids are smoother and produce more vapour but don’t always carry as much flavour. High VG is best for blowing bigger clouds
- – 50/50s - Other e-liquids can be mixed with an equal amount of both PG and VG or maybe 10% more of one or the other.
We recommend you try all three options and see what you respond to best.
The nicotine levels on a packet of cigarettes are measured differently to e-liquid, which is expressed as mg per 100ml. For example an 18mg strength is 1.8% nicotine.
We advise that when switching from cigarettes you increase your nicotine level so you’re not craving nicotine and tempted to smoke. A medium-strength smoker usually starts at 16-18mg or 12mg at the least. After that, a lot of vapers reduce their nicotine levels in steady increments, but this is up to you.
After your first purchase, there are only two items you will need to replace: The e-liquid and the coil.
Refilling the e-liquid
- – Unscrew the top or the base of your clearomiser (tank)
- – Tilt the tank slightly to one side
- – Refill the e-liquid into the tank, avoiding the hole of the middle chimney
- – Rescrew the top or base and you’ll be ready to vape again.
Replacing your coil
- – The coil will need replacing once the vapour has reduced and/or the flavour has become dull or burnt
- – Unscrew the base of your clearomiser (tank)
- – Unscrew the coil and dispose of it
- – Replace with new coil
- – Remember to let the e-liquid soak into the wick of the new coil for a few minutes before you start vaping again.
See how to clean your clearomizer here: http://vapeemporium.com/blog/maintain-vape-how-to-clean-clearomizer-tank/
Recharging your battery
- – Connect the charger with the battery
- – Most starter kit batteries will require up to 3 hours of charge time. Read the manual for your device for specific charging instructions
- – Do not leave the device charging overnight or for long extended periods.
Troubles with vaping?
We’ve seen many new customers approach us with bad stories of using e-cigs in the past. Unfortunately there are many cheap products and e-liquids out there on the market that can really deter smokers from vaping from the start.
At Vape Emporium we source the best quality products and premium e-liquids from reliable sources to make sure we offer our customers the best and easiest vape experience possible.
Other useful information
If you have any further questions about vaping then please see our extensive FAQ Page. We recommend you also view our Vaping Glossary which will explain popular vaping terminology.